Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It is a new year!!!

One week from today I start my THIRD year of teaching. I can't believe that I have already made it so far. I still feel like I just finished school and now its been over 2 years. I went in yesterday and kind of got some things ready. I worked on first day of school stuff. I am hoping that now I can start having panic dreams where I have shown up late on the first day and have nothing at all ready and my students are all staring at me and I am frantically trying to figure out what to do. I am hoping that this year is going to be a good one. I am going to be teaching Algebra 1, Extended Algebra (which is the same material as algebra 1 just a lot slower and spread out over 2 years instead of 1) and Advanced Math. I think I am most excited about teaching advanced math because I already know the students and know that they are going to be so good.

Well, hopefully I will be better about writing on here. Hopefully things happen that are funny or exciting and not depressing so I feel like sharing. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck! I still can't believe you are a math teacher! I remember all those days in High School sitting in math class together...It was so fun to see you this summer! Hope everything goes well, those kids are lucky to have such a great teacher.

Tatiana said...

Wow 3 years already! Good luck this year. and I totally didn't know you taught math. You are so good! hope to hear more from you.