Ok so I know I failed terribly at keeping this thing up to date last year. Things were just much busier than expected! Maybe I will do better this year.
Meetings start next week and then students come on the 24th. I will say that this year I am WAY less nervous than I was last year. I know what to expect, what's expected of me, and just feel like I know the ropes. First year teaching is tiring. I know this year will be tiring too but I feel more capable of handling it. The only thing I am a little nervous about is I have heard that the incoming freshman are a nightmare. That means that I have to be a strict meany for the first couple of months or things will not happen this year. People that know me outside of being a teacher sometimes think its funny when I tell them I am actually really strict. Mostly I get that reaction from people at church and things who don't know me other than what they saw this last year. I think that they see the goofy immature side of me more often because by the time I get home from work everyday I am so tired of being composed and the serious one in charge I just can't handle it anymore and I let loose! It is pretty fun though.
Well, I hope this year is amazing and even better than last year. And, hopefully I do a little better about keeping this thing updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Luck Tyleen! Glad to hear you're going back. I was excited, but the closer it gets the more tired I get just thinking about what could be coming! I'm definately less worried than I was last year!
Have fun!
KJ
I'm glad you've decided to keep trying to update your blog! I do like hearing about your fun experiances! Love ya cousin!
Post a Comment