What is the one rule in my classroom? RESPECT.
I have a outside door in my classroom. I have asked the students not to open it without permission. Today, on a FREEZING cold day, 2 of my students were standing there with it open. So, I told them to close it. They decided to almost close it while still standing outside. I, joking around, told another student to shut it so that they would have to go around. Finally, they did and when they came in my room after the bell rang I told them they were tardy (joking around!!) well one student was like "I can't have a tardy I already have 6!" I was still joking told them that it was too bad they shouldn't' have gone out my door. Well the other on FREAKED out. He told me it was Bull S* so I told him he could stay in for lunch and then he went on and on. I told him to go out in the hall and wait for me. He decided to keep going as he was walking out dropping every swear word known to man including the horrendous F word. I told him to go to the office. What a great way to start my week. Now I have to deal with what to do with this kid instead of just dealing with a lame rule breaking that I was trying to handle with a joke.
Why do so many people in this world act without thinking?? If he would have just sat there upset he would have found out that I wasn't going to mark them tardy, I was just trying to prove a point. Then, we could have moved on and never thought about it again. But no, the idiot had to freak out.
I thought I was a teacher. Not a freaking babysitter that gets to get cussed out because some idiot 17 year old decided to lose it today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tyleen I love your stories! But I am sorry you have to deal with people like that!
Oh Tyleen, I'm so glad I don't have your job...though I wish I could be a little birdie in your class room and watch you be the wonderful teacher that I know you are! You are fun to read about! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment